Voter Registration Deadline for the 2017 General Election
Tuesday, October 10th is the voter registration deadline for the November 7th, 2017 General Election. You can verify your voter registration status online at: http://www.marionelections.com/voter-info-lookup/.
Anyone qualified may register to vote at the Marion County Board of Elections Office, 222 W. Center St., Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with extended hours offered Tuesday, October 10th from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Voters also may obtain a registration form at the Office of the Ohio Secretary of State, Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, the Department of Job and Family Services, any Public High school or Vocational school, the Department of Health, the Department of Mental Health, the Department of Developmental Disabilities, the Rehabilitation Services Commission, or the office of any State-assisted College.
Voters may also update registration online using the Ohio Secretary of State web site at: www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elections/Voters/register.aspx
2017 General Election – Marion County Early Voting Schedule
In Marion County, all in person early voting is done at the Board of Elections Office located in the Marion County Building at 222 West Center Street (Next to the Palace Theatre).
- Wednesday, October 11th – First Day of Early Voting – 8AM to 5PM
- Wednesday, October 11th to Friday, October 27th – Weekdays from 8AM to 5PM
- Monday, October 30th to Friday, November 3rd – 8AM to 7PM
- Saturday, November 4th – 8AM to 4PM
- Sunday, November 5th – 1PM to 5PM
- Monday, November 6th – 8AM to 2PM
- Tuesday, November 7th – Election Day – Vote at your Assigned Polling Place – 6:30AM to 7:30PM (You can find your assigned polling location on our web site by looking up your voting information at: http://www.marionelections.com/voter-info-lookup/ or by calling our office at 740-223-4090).
Voting an Absentee Ballot by Mail
Ohio law requires that a voter files an absentee request form for each election in which they wish to vote an absentee ballot by mail. The request forms used by Marion County can be obtained by calling our office at 740-223-4090 or by printing the form from our web site at: http://www.marionelections.com/voting-absentee/. We recommend anyone voting by mail request your ballot as soon as possible so that ballots arrive back at our office as soon as possible and avoid missing the deadline of being postmarked no later than Monday, November 6th.
Sample Ballots are now Posted on our Web Site
The Marion County Board of Elections announces that ballots within Marion County can now be previewed on our web site. Ballots can be looked up by voter name, voter address, or race / issue.
To view your ballot using your first and last name, open this address with your web browser: http://www.marionelections.com/voter-info-lookup/
To view ballot content using a street address, open this address with your web browser:
To view ballot content using a specific race or issue, open this address with your web browser: http://www.marionelections.com/ballot-lookup/
Write-in candidates registered for the 2017 General Election
There are 5 write-in candidates for the 2017 General Election:
- Marion City Council President – Kate Fisher
- Buckeye Valley School Board Member – Mark S Tingley
- River Valley School Board Member – Bob Stump
- North Central Ohio Education Service Center (NCOESC) – 4th District – James McFarland
- North Central Ohio Education Service Center (NCOESC) – 6th District – R Gene Wiley
This information will be sent out with mailed absentee ballots and the list can be requested to review by a voter when they vote in person.