Deadline for Voter Registrations
The last day to register to vote in the November 6, 2012 General Election is Tuesday, October 9, 2012. The board of elections office will be open until 9:00pm that day.
ballots for the November 6, 2012 General Election will be available from the Board of Elections office starting October 2, 2012. The last day to vote in person is Friday, November 2, 2012 at 6:00pm (office hours extended).
Early/absentee voting hours are as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, from Oct 2, through Friday Oct 5, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tuesday Oct 9, 2012 (this is also voter registration deadline for the Nov General).
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday thru Friday, from Oct 10 through Oct 12, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, from Oct 15 through Oct 19, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, from Oct 22, 2012 through Oct 26, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Oct 29, 2012 through Nov 1, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday, Nov 2, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday, Nov 3, 2012
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, Nov 4, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday, Nov 5, 2012
A request for a mailed absentee may also be submitted in writing to the Board of Elections office at 222 West Center Street, Marion, OH 43302. Request forms are available at the Board office or online at www.marionelections.com.
Request must be signed by the voter, and must provide the birth date and one of the following.
- Voters Ohio driver's license number,
- or the last 4 digits of voters' social security number.
- or a current and valid photo identification, a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address.
- No phone, emailed or faxed requests are accepted.
Voters hospitalized on Election Day because of medical emergency may apply for absentee ballots until 3:00 p.m. election day.
Absentee ballots, other than out of country must be received by the board by 7:30 pm election day.
For questions or more information, call the Board of Elections office at 740-223-4090.
Voting Location Changes
precincts 3C, 3D, 3E, 3F, and 3G who previously voted at
Oakland United Methodist Church will now cast their ballots
at Fite Memorial Baptist Church at 497 Davids St.
bring identification to the polls in order to verify
identity. Identification may include a current and valid
photo identification, a military identification that shows
the voter's name and current address, or a copy of a current
utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or
other government document that shows your name and address.
Voters who do not provide one of these
documents will still be able to vote by providing the last
four digits of the voter's social security number and by
casting a provisional ballot.
Voters who do not have any of
the above forms of identification, including a social
security number, will still be able to vote by signing an
affirmation swearing to the voter's identity under penalty
of election falsification and by casting a provisional
WHOEVER COMMITS ELECTION FALSIFICATION IS GUILTY OF
A FELONY OF THE FIFTH DEGREE.