All Ohio voters whose registration information is up-to-date have the opportunity to vote in any election from the convenience of their own homes by requesting an absentee ballot. Mailing of absentee ballots for the May 7 Primary/Special Election begins April 9 in Marion County.
Voters may request absentee ballots by mail by submitting an Absentee Ballot Request (SOS Form 11-A) to the Marion County Board of Elections office at 222 W. Center Street, Marion, OH, 43302. The form may be found on this website by clicking here. The deadline to submit an application by mail is three days before the election.
Mailing of absentee ballots will begin on April 9.
In-person voting also begins in Marion on April 9. Voters may come to the Marion BOE office, fill out an Absentee Ballot Request and vote on the new elections system. Hours for in-office voting for the May 7 Primary/Special Election are:
- April 9 – 26 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- April 29 – May 3 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- May 4 Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- May 5 Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May 6 Monday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.